Why do we do this every Father’s Day since 1978? It’s hot, but we love it. Congratulations to all finishers who outlasted the heat on an otherwise beautiful Sunday morning.
This was a fun morning with some fast and fun times. Thank you for participating!
Photos and video
Thousands of free, high quality photos will be available soon – check out our sneak-peek album for a taste!
All finish line video is uploaded for 10k and 5k. You can see yourself cross the finish line from the link next to your name in the results!
Say thanks to our partners
This race wouldn’t be possible without 950 of you, and all of our partners who were representing on the Waterloo Warrior infield!
- Thanks to University of Waterloo Athletics for being such a great host. (Learn more about the Women’s Sport Iniative Fund – $3,000 raised!)
- Did you know Geoff from Runners’ Choice ran the 5k today? He’s been running with us since 1978!
- Did you get a #RunYourWorld selfie today with Saucony Canada?
- Cheers to everyone who got a chance to #PourTheBoar this afternoon!
- Huge thanks to My Next KW Home for the great bouncy castle!
- Young Athletics and Laurel Creek track clubs for bringing the energy to registration, marshaling, food, and water!
- High-fives to KW Health for taking great care of our runners!
- How about an encore from our friend Jesse and Happy Pappy?
If you’re active on social media, please say thanks to any of our friends who made this day so great 🙂
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads holding it down. Enjoyed running in the @RunWaterloo 10K Classic to support @UWaterloo Women’s Sport Initiative Fund that fosters female athletes and coaches. #runningdads #strongwomen pic.twitter.com/mIPK8URAHW
— Chris Alappat (@AlappatChris) June 17, 2018
The flagship 10k was won by Wesley Korir in his Run Waterloo debut. In contrast, Erin McClure won this race for the fifth consecutive year. Some speedy times out there!
In the 5k, Sandy Freeland‘s time was the 8th fastest time in Waterloo Classic 5k history. Robyn Collins continues to re-write the record books – she has run 5 of the 15 fastest masters womens 5k times in Run Waterloo history – in the past 8 months!
The 3k was won by Cameryn McCutcheon and Bao Le.
It was great to see 36 parent-child teams competing today, as fathers (and mothers) teamed up with their kids for a fun family experience.
Harvest Half Pasta Dinner – Father’s Day Special
Reminder: Wesley Korir isn’t just an Olympian (2016) and Boston Marathon winner (2012). He’s also the co-founder of the Kenyan Kids Foundation Canada which does great work in his home region of Cherangany, Kenya. We co-host the Harvest Half Marathon each fall, and the pre-race pasta dinner is always a hit.
Runners’ Choice 10 KM Clinic
Congratulations to everyone from the clinic who ran today, and big thanks to Scott Arnald for coaching the past two months!
— Scott Arnald (@scottyarnald) June 17, 2018
It was a hot, tough day out there for the 41st @RunWaterloo #WaterlooClassic! Check out the sneak peak of our team results @ https://t.co/A1b1bpgznS, including 1st OA in the #5k for @RunnerRobyn and 1st in the #10k for @ErinMcclure1! 🙌 🔥🏃🏼♀️💨#cantwontstop #heatwarning pic.twitter.com/rdNSNq5H9D
— Health & Performance (@Health_Perform) June 17, 2018