Put your 2017 fitness goals into action this spring!
Run Waterloo is partnering with the Township of Woolwich to deliver a beginner running program in spring 2017. There has never been a better time to start running!
- 10 sessions, February 15 – April 19
- Wednesdays 6:00-6:50pm
- Meet in WMC lobby
- The first three sessions are on the indoor track, and the remainder are outdoors!
- Cost is $35, which includes an entry to the Economical ENDURrace 5k race on April 22 (value of $35). Run Waterloo members save 25% on the program cost.
What to expect
Each week will consist of a social component (get to know your fellow runners), a learning component (key topics for beginners), and an active component (including a combination of walking and running).
There is NO required fitness level. If you or someone you know is looking for a push to finally get active, or some motivation on your 2017 fitness goals, this might be the group!
Using this program and the recommended running “homework,” participants will be able to run for 5 kilometres without stopping by the end of the program.
Each week we will have a brief discussion and Q&A regarding a range of topics, including:
- Gear and shoes
- Warm up/cool down
- Running outside: weather and safety
- Goal setting
- Nutrition for running and eating before running
- Running form and breathing
- Common injuries and ailments
- Cross training
- What to expect at your first race
Informal Info Session
[Edit: This happened on January 18.] Drop by the WMC (Meeting Room 2) on January 18 any time between 6:00-7:00pm to meet the group leaders, ask any questions, or to sign up in person (cash or credit).
- Participant cap: 30, over which we will start a wait list. Eight spots left!
- Minimum age is 18.
- This program is geared towards beginners.
- Deadline to sign up is February 15.
- Sign up online here.