For the first time, runners in the 2.5k relay will outnumber runners in the 2.5k individual event at the Laurier Loop. Accordingly, last week we made some changes to the rules for 2.5k runners.
The 2.5k relay is merged with individual event for timing and awards purposes.
What does this mean?
- All 2.5k runners (relay and individual) are timed together by CHIP time (not gun time) for individual results by age category (no weight categories).
- All relay runners will get online results in the same way you would expect for every other timed event.
- The 4 x 2.5k relay is the only team category of the 2.5k event.
We are excited to see this spotlight shift to the relay. What is making this the largest 4 x 2.5k relay in Laurier Loop history?
– First, have fun with friends. It’s a unique race experience if you have never run in a relay before.
– Next, at 2.5k it’s an easy and accessible spring tuneup or fun jog.
– Worth noting, you will earn RW Boost points – it’s likely a 2.5k PB!
– Last but not least, we dropped the relay runner prices in January. It’s a great deal, which includes a t-shirt and lunch!
None of these changes affect the 5k and 10k events. See you next Sunday!