The tradition is going strong in Waterloo! On a beautiful morning with fast and fun times: thank you for participating!
Photos and video
Better yet – all of this content will be tagged directly to your name in the results. You will be notified by email for major uploads. Check back soon!
The flagship 10k involved some talented fields. Congrats to Erin on her first ever 10k and to Robert on his first win in this event! Special mention to Amanda for coming within 0.xx seconds of the win. Some speedy times out there!
In the 5k, varsity Warrior Ronan won his first Run Waterloo event, and Robyn won this event for the second consecutive year.
Congrats to everyone in the 3k and 200m as well!
Every Father’s Day since 1978, the running community gets together for a fun and festive 10k on the streets of Waterloo. It was great to see 26 parent-child teams competing today, as fathers (and mothers) teamed up with their kids for a fun family experience.
Whether like Erin this is your first 10k or like Aidan it’s your 38th Waterloo Classic, whether you’re new to town or your family participates en masse each year – thank you for making this race special.
Huge thanks also to Erin McClure – unable to race today, but nailing it on the mic!
Upcoming in Run Waterloo
If you loved this event, we have four wildly different running event experiences coming up:
- June 20 – a $10 road mile on the streets of Downtown Kitchener
- July 21 – Run at Ribfest, a 5k with beer stops every K!
- September 14 – a rural Half Marathon supporting the Kenyan Kids Foundation Canada
- October 6 – Fall 5 KM Classic – a lot of the same elements as today’s race, but with a super fast point-to-point 5k course in cool weather!
Still like what you’re seeing? Join the Run Waterloo membership for extra perks, including free events and 20% off the rest!
Don’t forget to say thanks to our partners
This race literally wouldn’t happen without some key partners that you know and love. If you’re one to post, why not spread some love online for:
- The great hospitality of the University of Waterloo Athletics. (Learn more about the Women’s Sport Iniative Fund – $3,500 raised!)
- Mr. My Run Shop Geoff Todd from Runners’ Choice has supported this event for over 40 years!
- Sponsors colliding: Michael Hewitson won the draw prize for free Saucony Canada shoes today!
- Cheers to everyone whose #PourTheBoar is currently chilling (or already poured)!
- Do you love these shirts as much as we do? Tell Surge!