2019 registrations launch the week of December 10 for a 36-hour bonanza.
We are always striving to keep our community vibrant and our races fresh. In 2019, here are four key areas that we’re excited about in 2019:
1. T-shirts sizing guarantee
For our Run Pure races which include our great ATC technical shirts, we can guarantee a shirt and the size if ordered on the Sunday before the race. What does this mean?
- You can wait until 6.5 days before a Sunday race or 5.5 days before a Saturday race
- You will be guaranteed a t-shirt
- The shirt will be of the size you ordered
To help with sizing, we are making the sizing chart and measurement guide as easy as possible to use, and making t-shirt sizes editable in Race Roster.
All to make sure you have the best souvenir experience possible. You love our shirts and we want you wearing them proudly. Click the sizing chart to learn more.
Some races will continue to use the previous t-shirt limits, and this will be specified clearly on each race page.
For the first time, we are enabling the participant transfer option in Race Roster in 2019. Any participant can transfer their entry to another individual for $7.50 until the race deadline, which is the second Sunday before each race (13 or 14 days).
Through this policy, we are trying to walk the fine line between offering an option for people in tough spots, but still not actually encouraging transfers.
There is no change to our “no refund, no deferral” policy. All of our policies are clearly specified in the waiver section of the Race Roster pages.
3. Individual and team categories and awards
We have completed a deep analysis of which categories are (and aren’t) being used at all races. In 2019, we are tightening up many of the categories, which means switching to 10 year age groups at some races, introducing new youth categories at some races, condensing two weight categories to one at some races, and removing some team categories at some races.
This is going to re-establish the value of an award medal and make categories more competitive and more interesting all-around. You have to check out each race individually to get a sense of the 2019 categories.
More on medals: for the first time we are introducing a finisher medal at Re-Fridgee-Eighter and RememberRun.
4. Event changes
Last but not least, we have several event changes as our races stay fresh. These are based on your feedback and what we believe are best for the community.
- Timed for the first time: Re-Fridgee-Eighter 3k
- Restricted: ENDURrace 8k is only for Doubleheader entrants, not an open entry field
- Brand new: Harvest Half 5k
- Out: Harvest Half (Quarter), Fall Classic (10k), and Pancake Mile (entirely) have run their course(s)
- Swapped: the untimed RememberRun 2.5k is now a more child-friendly 1.1k
- Back: Santa Pur-suit 5k distance, which wasn’t offered in 2018
We hope you like these updates. One other small change in 2019 is to turn previously un-announced items into releases, such as all of our spring t-shirts in January, and our Run Pure+Simple calendar in February.